About // Résumé // Contact
Senior Writer, ACD // Roundhouse,
Senior Writer, ACD // Roundhouse,
February 2016 – July 2019
Produced Work For: Red Bull, Leatherman,
Harley-Davidson, Prisoner Wines, Faust Wine, Michael Phelps, Mokulele Airlines, RIPE Craft
Juices, Tony’s Chocolonely, Intuit QuickBooks, LA Galaxy and adidas.
Senior Writer // BBDO, San
September 2012 - February 2016
Produced Work For: Wells Fargo, Uncle Ben’s, Seeds of Change, Gallo Family Vineyards,
Barefoot Wine, Sutter Health, Heavenly Ski Resort, Nutro Dog Food and Cesar Dog
New Biz assists on Wells Fargo & Tourism
Junior Writer // TBWAChiatDay, Los Angeles
June 2010 – August 2012
Produced work for Activision (Call of
Duty: Black Ops, DJ Hero 2, Guitar Hero), Pepsi, Gatorade, Pedigree, Singapore Airlines and
Principal Financial Group.
New Biz assists on Adidas 2014 World Cup and
Crate & Barrel.
Promoted Youngblood program to extend to other
Promotions Intern // Bernstein Rein, Kansas City
October 2007 - January 2008
Assisted with the test market launch of
McDonald's "McCafe" coffee line.
Furthered America's addiction to caffeine and figured out I didn’t want to be on account side.
University of Kansas
Bachelor of Science in Strategic Mass Communications
Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing
Virginia Commonwealth University – Brandcenter
Master in the Science of Mass Communication
- One Show — Branded Entertainment // Self Promotion - Merit (2017)
- Rosie - Self Promotion // Award of Excellence (2017)
- Effie - Movement to Mass // Small Budget Products - Bronze (2016)
- ADDY - Ambient Media // Single Event - Gold (2016)
- ADDY - Online/Interactive // Branded Content & Entertainment - Silver (2016)
- ADDY - Internet Commercial // Single Spot, Any Length - Silver (2016)
- Food & Beverage Awards (FAB) - Experiential Campaign - Gold (2016)
- ADDY— Interactive // Products -Gold (2014)
- Applied Arts— Interactive // Consumer Packaged Goods- Gold (2014)
- AdWeek- #1 Most Popular Article - (6/21 - 6/22/2016)
- D&AD - “Good” Campaign of the Week - (2015)
The Drum - “US Creative Work of the Week” - (2016)
- Future Advertising Leaders Scholarship from the Kansas City Ad Club - (2008)
- Survivor: Running of the bulls in Pamplona, a tornado and the first row of a GWAR concert.
- Sexy Legs Competition – Runner Up (2005)
Hey! That’s me. No, not the baby. The dude holding the baby, although it
would be pretty sweet if I was some infant advertising prodigy who learned to
write copy before he could even walk. But the truth is, it’s taken some time.
A decade ago, I attended the VCU
Brandcenter where I got a Masters in Mass Communication and now I’ve spent 9+ years
ideating, writing and leading creative development on dozens of brands across a
wide range of industries.
I’ve developed a knack for big ideas that transcend small
budgets through disruptive thinking, scrappy methods and an opportunistic
approach. I’m an eternal optimist. Every brief can lead to great work. Even when
work gets killed, I feel like my next idea will be even better.
Some of the best work in my career was made by beginning
at the end, i.e. thinking about the outcome, what people will share on social and the PR headlines will be. Because
when you’ve got a target, it’s a whole heck of a lot easier to aim. With that
being said, I love collaborating with brand strategists to develop positioning,
objectives, consumer insights, media strategy and competitive analysis. Finding an inherent truth makes great ideas possible.
But every aspect of advertising fascinates me and I
feel pretty fortunate to have found myself in this industry. I’ve worked on world-reknowned brands, worked with some
of the most creative people in the biz and I’ve been lucky
enough to be recognized with awards, press and even my own mother has
said nice things about my work.
I would add something else here – hobbies or interests or something– but becoming
a father of two has pretty much taken over my non-advertising life at the moment and I would
consider them my greatest achievement.
Thanks for spending some time on my site and let me know if
there’s anything I can help with.